Hot!

"Help corrupt DPR officials are aiding greedy filling stations!!"





Hello Laila, I am not a frequent commenter but i am an avid follower of your blog. Please, I want to report the activities of DPR (Directorate of Petroleum Resources) on this blog and pray that the appropriate authorities will take note.

We as Nigerians say we want change but we on our own part are not ready to change from our evil and corrupt ways. For weeks now we have been suffering from the effects of fuel scarcity, and now that fuel is gradually coming back, especially Lagos, our fellow Nigerians, in collusion with the DPR are determined to sabotage the government's efforts.

I stay around the Egbeda axis of Lagos, Shasha area to be specific, and the fuel stations here boldly sell fuel at 150/L and show no signs of reducing it. In my presence, on two different occasions DPR officials came to one of these stations, Easy Life filling station, made noise for about 30 minutes, collected bribe and vamoosed. The first time it happened I was shocked to my bone marrows.

The second time was last Friday (April 15) in the evening around 8pm in this same Easy Life. I was shocked again (one can never really develop shock absorbers for the kind of corruption we have in this country) and very disgusted.

Today I just found out that this has been happening in the stations all over this axis, Shasha, Egbeda, Orisumbare, Idimu road, and up till now these stations are still selling at 150/L. No single station has been sanctioned because the officials come to collect huge bribes and leave. Business as usual.

There are very long queues at stations selling at the official price of N86.50, while these greedy and evil stations have no queues. You drive in, buy and go at 150/L. I have called the DPR numbers (08058298820, 08058298857) uncountable times to report but not once have they picked my call!!

Who are we fooling? Ourselves, of course.

This country is a joke and we pay mere lip service to the change mantra. Nobody is willing to change. Nobody!!!

Please, help me publicise this. There may still be a few uncorrupted government official who will take action.


Omoduwa Efe