Hot!

See The Touching Moment Reggae Music Icon, Buju Banton Reunited With His Daughter



In 2011, a US federal court in Tampa, Florida, sentenced Jamaican reggae musician, Buju Banton to ten years behind bars for drug-related offences. Back then, his daughter Abihail Myrie who was 11 years at the time, pleaded and requested that the court tamper justice with mercy and give her father a second chance. She reportedly wrote, “I can’t imagine a life without my father, I would really appreciate if you would give him a second chance.”

READ: Buju Banton Sentenced To 10 Years In Jail By US Court

The ‘Destiny’ singer who served 7 years out of his original prison term and was set free on Friday, December 7 and an excited Abihail took to social media to share a touching post after her father’s release.

She wrote “I’ve imagined what this moment would be like, replaying it over and over again in my head but now I can stop imagining because that moment is finally here,” Abihail wrote. “It’s so real and I can’t even find the words to express how i feel. I missed you so much Im so happy to finally have you here. My heart is so full. How’d you make an exact replica of yourself though?? TWINNING!.”

The singer’s management has also issued out a  press release to appreciate his fans while noting that Banton will be spending the next few weeks with his family and close friends.

See photo below:

The post See The Touching Moment Reggae Music Icon, Buju Banton Reunited With His Daughter appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.


by 208headlines