Hot!

Photos From The Burial Of Egor Efiok's Uncle, RCCG Pastor, Peter Nkereuwem



This particular event really touched me, as I had a personal relationship with the late Pastor Peter Nkereuwem, Egor Efiok's (aka Lady Boss) uncle.



Myself and Egor have worked together since 2010 when we first met at the lift of London Hilton in Kensington. She was there to interview our delectable Nollywood screen queen and beauty, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, on behalf of BBC and I was there as a freelance photographer (see a few photos in the album).

Our relationship took off from there and 3 years later I was accompanying her to the Presidential Villa where she was honoured and covering her Lagos and London premieres of Turning Point, respectively; our working relationship is the true meaning of "started from the bottom now we here". Six years later, we are still here, she has become my big sister.




I met Pastor Peter Nkereuwem for the first time in April 2013 when Egor flew down to Nigeria for the AMMA awards and the Lagos premiere of Turning Point followed soon after (see a few photos in the album of him at the premiere). Egor stayed with him so I was always going there to see her. It was obvious how close they were and he always gave me a lift back home in his Mercedes jeep and during those drives, would give me some good advice.

He was a huge handsome man and had an imposing presence, yet he was very humble and was like a gentle bear. I remember how I thought of how beautiful their closeness was and even his wife was like her sister and was equally so receptive towards me. It is painful to watch this happen to such a loving family.

Egor was in Nigeria last month and her uncle died suddenly of a heart attack a day after she left for London. She called me in tears to deliver the bad news and when she informed me that she was coming back to Nigeria for his funeral, I did not hesitate to follow her to cover it.

Incidentally too, her close friend, Nollywood beauty Monalisa Chinda, got married a week before the funeral, so I took the opportunity to cover it as well and travelled with Egor to Portharcourt and thereafter, to Calabar and Oron for Pastor Peter's funeral. The Redeemed Christian Church Of God in Lagos where he was a pastor also represented fully. It was evident how much Pastor Peter was loved.




Pastor Peter Nkereuwem was buried at his father, Chief Nyong Isaac Nkereuwem's house in Oron. He is the one in the red cap holding Egor's hand. I couldn't contain myself as everyone was in tears, even big men. I do not have as many photos as I would have had because I broke down myself. Pastor Peter was only 49. May we all never experience premature deaths in our families IJMN, Amen.

Rest in peace Pastor Peter and thank you for being so nice to me. Condolences to my big sister Egor Efiok and her entire family. This shall pass and God will console you all. God bless you.

 
Daniel Sync Paparazzo. 














Read more - http://ift.tt/1gifqs9