Hot!

‘My AMVCA lessons’ – Journalist and Don Jazzy biographer writes



AMVCA

Instagram was on fire last week Saturday with the updates of the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards that was held at Eko Hotels and Suites.

The venue literally turned into a market brimming with activities. When I got to the venue I couldn’t believe what I saw. For an event of that magnitude, most celebrities usually arrive late. The AMCVA was a different ball game. They all arrived quite early, partly because the organizers have a knack for excellence and keeping to time.

THE LESSONS

1. Be intentional about your visibility!

Showbiz is business of visibility and I saw it come to play at the event. The beautifully dressed celebs waited patiently on the red carpet for their snapshots and interviews. A popular rapper said this to me: ‘See as them dey hustle for red carpet’. They wanted to be seen and be in the spotlight. They understood the fact that their visibility is as important as the talent (Ability).

You need to intentionally step into the spotlight and make the world know you for what you do. The people you celebrate are not necessarily the best at what they do, but they are the most visible. Today, think about the steps you need to take in order to increase the visibility of your message, product, platform and expertise.

2. Never let fear stop you!

Most feats are achieved inspite of the initial fear. Donjazzyfied was born out of fear. I was at first afraid of the kind of response I would get publishing the book. The response has been encouraging. Adesua Etomi one of the winners at the AMVCA said this during her speech: ‘You don’t have to be scared. You can make it. I know, because I used to be scared like you’.

Let me have your thoughts.


by 208headlines