Hot!

Victims Of Woman Who Killed Pedestrians With Her Jeep Accuse Her Of Abandonment






The father of two of those injured when a housewife crashed her Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) into some pedestrians on Ilaje Road, Bariga, Lagos State, has accused the woman’s family of abandoning his children. Mr. Obi Onu, whose two children were among the injured, was at the Gbagada General Hospital on Tuesday.

Onu said: “My two children, nine-year-old Ebuka and Akachukwu (11), were returning from an errand on that fateful night when the vehicle rammed into two of them. The younger one sustained serious injuries. He hit his head on the ground; blood gushed out from his two ears.

As I speak with you now, my son can’t speak and hear very well. Other parts of his body were seriously affected. Before I got to the scene, they had been rushed to the hospital by the policemen.” On Saturday night, about 9p.m., a female driver lost control of her vehicle and rammed into pedestrians at Ilaje bus stop.

Three people died, while many were injured. Among the dead were a pregnant woman and two motorcyclists. The wounded had fractures and broken limbs. Although Onu’s kids lived, he was not happy with the family of the woman who caused the death and injuries of many. Onu said:

“Since Saturday, my children have been abandoned by the family of the woman who drove the vehicle. They did not even make provision on how my children would be cared for. I have spent about N50, 000. But on Tuesday, when some of the driver’s relatives came, they gave me N16, 000 and said it was the only way they could assist my children.”



Read more - http://ift.tt/1gifqs9