Hot!

9ice marks birthday



9ice4
  • Apologises to Ruggedman, Journalists

Last Sunday, January 17, was a remarkable date for Gongo Aso singer, 9ice, as he celebrated his 36th birthday in grand style at entertainment hangout, Fab 25, located in Ikeja, GRA, Lagos. The birthday, which was graced by friends and colleagues including select media men kicked-off at 3pm.

After cutting his birthday cake to loud applause and singing as guests sipped champagne, the singer shared his feelings and apologised to his old time pal and rapper, Ruggedman and the Nigerian press, thanking the media for the role it has played in his career.

“I want to thank the Press. You have been there for me even when I never envisaged I’ll go this far. When 9ice was nobody, you made me to be somebody, you made things real.

“I have realized that there is a vacuum between 9ice and the Press; I don’t want to take chances again. To the press I’m saying I’m very sorry. You guys should just forgive me; I be small boy. If I have offended you guys in anyway, I’m saying I’m very sorry. I’m using this platform to apologize. If I have offended you by not allowing you have access to me for a long time. I think it was due to situations around me.

“I’m also using this platform to apologize to my friend from another mother, Stephens Ugochukwu aka Ruggedman. We have come a long way and it’s time to forge ahead.”

Present at the occasion were CityPeople publisher, Seye Kehinde, Global Excellence publisher, Mayor Akinpelu, Reminisce, Seriki, ID Cabassa, Thuphat, Jahbless and Lord of Ajasa among a host of musicians and comedians who graced the event.

Though he released his debut album, Certificate in 2006, success came for 9ice in 2007 when he released his runaway hit, Gongo Aso, and ever since he has never looked back.